Saturday, August 18, 2012

The trip that has become legendary



To my bros,
It is only now that the realization of our trip being over has sunk in. and i feel terrible. Of course it had to end, and of course we did all that we had to. There was not much left to be done now, was there? Lets be honest, we never went for scuba diving and banana rides anyways! We went to take a break. and we went because all of us were reuniting - probably for one last time.

But the realization that we won't get to be together for sometime now is making me feel terrible. This trip was the best not because of the things that we did, but because it was with you all. The six of us, completely different thinking individuals sticking together for 4 entire days made this trip awesome. We all never agreed on anything, did we? But conflicting thoughts have always led to new discoveries, which is what we did. We discovered a new layer to our friendship. From Khao San to Walking Street to Starbucks, every moment rocked because of all of you.

I have been the best of friends with gaurav and nipun since college. This time I discovered a new bond with Amber. and all thanks to the 2 nights we slept together. (one of the reasons i wanted each of us to swap rooms every night was for this bonding to happen). I am sure Aman hates lakhot a little less now :P and I am sure Gaurav and Nipun know each other a lot better.

Amber is the coolest guy to hang with and I wouldn't have known that if this trip hadn't happened. Aman became my closest thinking partner throughout and this trip would've been incomplete without him. I have always hated lakhot, and this trip made me realize how less that was! I should've pushed him off the motor boat when i had the chance. Damn!! but seriously, lakhot is the coolest guy to be with in a trip. The guy never says no to anything! How awesome is that!! Gaurav, you made this trip a reality and the gods of friendship will bless you for that bro :) lakhot and gaurav, you two have the biggest of hearts bros. Stay that way (and don't ask for the money I owe you :P). and Nipun bro, you always do those last minute awesome thinkings which lead us to some pretty amazing doings. and then you do those other last minute things which delay us :) ha ha! but then, it makes every trip fun when we look back. 

I am going to miss you all dudes. Terribly. More trips await us. Together. Lets just hope we stick together for the rest of our lives, with or without our wives :)

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

So the next trip you want with or without wife?;)

Ankur Gupta said...

Damn i missed it :( .... would have been legendary for me as well ... but i am sure there will be a next time