Saturday, December 26, 2009

and those were the bestest days of my life..

call it the 3 idiots effect or whatever, but right now i am nostalgic. friendship is the greatest treasure a man can have. dosti insaan ka sabse bada stan hai. :P yesterday i watched 3 idiots and went back 6 years in time. and today, absolutely coincidentally, i met 2 of my hostel buddies..and spent another memorable evening in the company of old friends.

DCE. 2003-2007. those were days. the days of sunlight and the days of rain. the nights of stars and the nights of pain (:P) how clearly i remember almost my whole college life. be it the dosas of my canteen or the photostats of roopali's notes. amit's samosa treats or lakhot's empty stomach. everything. almost everything. and to think its all over, is unthinkable!
i still remember my first day. my first sem. with romit, nitin and sushil. the 'leesure' days. when we all found each other.

my second sem. the days of playing volleyball and cricket. finding rivals and friends. amit's proposal and toilet stunts. the professor chasing us. and we losing our beloved volleyball!

the third sem at gaurav's room - BMH 116 (?). the days of studying graphics and the evenings of playing badminton. the times when i lived in the hostel for the first time (be it only for the nights!). the times when me amit and gaurav would lock ourselves in his room so that others could not find us. the times of fests. be it LH or miranda - we were everywhere! the times when nipun got a date and in that jaundice, i got a cellphone :P. the times when i screwed up my result for the first time.

my fourth sem when i posed as a model and walked the ramp with my college crush! the time when we went for an outstation trip to vaishno devi for the first time. the time when i became noticeable. and the time when i screwed up my result for the second time!

fifth sem. my association with sumit. the training at niscair. the fake projects. the time when i nearly topped my class (got a whopping 79%) and nearly gave romit a heart attack! (as they said, dost fail ho to bura lage..dost top kare to sala aur bhi bura lage!! :D) the times of csi revivals. when we gave csi a new life and still failed to elect a president from among ourselves. the times when i realised how divided we were. and the times when i was thrown out of a class report team by my own friends. (but ended up getting more marks than them :D).

the sixth sem. of hostel days, endless nights and countless bunks. when me and amit found aswal and his room. sleep wherever you find place, do whatever you want to, watch friends, movies, whatever..just DON'T go home! the nights of bits and bytes and b-plans. the nights of 1 bed, 3 people, 1000 mosquitos and a blood sucking lakhotia! the days of my training at TCIL. the days of cricket again. and the days when me nitin and shanti founded the R gang!

the seventh sem. the dreadful times of placements. the heartbreaks. the depressions. the failures. and more failures. the times when i smoked my first cigarette! and the times when i finally got my first job! and my first girlfriend. and then again, the times when i screwed up my result so bad for the third time!

and then the eighth sem. the time we went to simla. the trip which, till date, remains the most amazing trip of my life. the time when i literally stopped going to college. and the times when i screwed up the most important interview of my life. the time when i stopped realising what friendship is and the time when i stopped appearing in college photographs! and by the time i tried to make it up, it was too late. the time when everything started to make sense finally. and the time when i realised, that college was over! :(

5 comments:

atul lakhotia said...

saale lya likha hai..macha di tune...simply awesome.. :)

but u dint mention the hostel nite jab tum me se ek ko niche sona pada tha...

Rajat said...

haan yaar..abe maine bplan likha na..wo usi din ki yaad dila raha tha..bplan to tu hi kar raha tha..hum to friends dekh rahe the..:D

Gaurav Sharma said...

dude.. rough notes bana rakhe the kya tune.. is movie ke baad hi nail down karke blog mein likhne the jo.. how could you conjure so much.. awesome post yaar.. truly nostalgic!

Ankur Gupta said...

Too gud man ... i had a terrific time at DCE as well... just that it was MTech ... and we had nuthing better to do or fool around :)

I remember ur shimla trip and how i was hoping to join in .. but could not make it due to work :) ...

Keep up the gud work :)

aks said...

i couldn't even try putting those moments in words........u just wrote the masterpiece of ur blog